Monday 17 March 2014

Finished Article


I have made adjustments to the article, such as the addition of words like 'of' and 'to', the spelling correction of 'Winehouse' and changing the font of 'CONTROL' to bold, so as to allow it to stand out more on the page and catch the audience's attention.
I have included my original planned pull quotes. However, instead of having both my positive and negative pull quotes within my article. I chose to place my positive pull quote above my image, to portray the connection between the image and the text, as well as filling space. I also shortened the text I wanted to include within my pull quote to be more concise and have a more eye-catching appeal. In this modification to my initial idea, I used an ellipsis, which is evident is other magazine pull quotes as it conveys to the reader that this text is lifted from the main text.
I placed my negative pull quote between two columns to break up the formal structure slightly, making it more preferable to read with a more relaxed approach and using the intriguing of the two pull quotes to interest the audience into the text. Both of the two pull quotes' format techniques I have displayed are evident on many magazine brands, which I have spotted and recreated to portray a realistic music magazine. Although, it could be considered that the break up of the structure of text with a pull quote is actually a representation of my artist 'Ella', who's live is presented as being unstructured and broken with her struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment