Tuesday 8 October 2013

Subsidiary Images

 
These photographs are my subsidiary images I have taken myself, without any editing at this point; I have not yet removed the backgrounds. The purpose of these advertising images, was to perhaps to appeal to a wider audience; stretching on to the parents, as well as the children.
 
 
These are my photographs for my advertising of note pads, I choose child-like designs and layered them according to how I have researched is appropriate for magazine layout. The angle I prefer is the bottom left photograph, because you can clearly see all features of both note pads.
 
 
 
I decided to use a pencil case as part of my advertisements, because a pencil case is one of the few things children can bring then individualizes them and shows creativity in school. Some consider it the starting point in a child's fashion sense and there perseverance to creatively show their individuality openly to others. 
 
 
 
The idea of these photographs were to further appeal to the individualising, children seem to crave. However, I decided, that this type of product, even though realistic to sell, was not strong enough to be displayed using the actual product I had in hand at that time. Therefore, I don't think I will use this photograph in my design.



 
When considering the content of my subsidiary images, I did not at first consider shoes, as I used the concept of shoe advertising in my pug. However, I compromised and decided to use a picture as a visual aid in my pug. I was torn between a PE (Sports) education style shoe; trainer, or a traditional uniform shoe. Ultimately, I decided on a traditional school shoe, as it is more focused on the genre of the magazine; it applies the best.
 
 

 
I definitely wanted to advertise school clothing, as I felt it had to biggest attraction, parental market-wise. Although, I was torn between whether to use a model wearing the clothing, or actually advertise the merchandise itself; matching the other advertisements. However, matching could not necessarily be for the better, perhaps the cover needs diversity? I have pondered the possibility of including all three, but I am swaying away from the attraction of the idea as I do not want to over crowd the magazine with photographs, and I was to keep the format of the cover clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment