Tuesday 15 October 2013

InDesign Draft: 3


I considered the colour scheme for the boxes behind the subsidiary images. Initially I planned to not have any colour at all, but to just have the images themselves. However, the skills of how to accomplish this were complex in contrast to my own computer skills. Also, I felt the cover had quite a bland look with just the white. This all led to backing the images up with the same blue as behind the masthead; helping to give a more age appropriate feel to the cover; more appealing, and give the cover an almost horizontal symmetry; unconsciously allowing the audience to perceive it as attractive.

Even with this symmetrical design, I felt that the text in the banner and footer lines were too a like and didn't show the diversity of their text needed. I choose white, as so you were perceiving the contract of the opposing texts colour, whilst the contrast of the colour it was displayed upon (red). In addition, it was still in keeping with the specific colour scheme laid out at the beginning.

The box surrounding the masthead gave a certain unprepared look, as though careless and amateur. This is why I removed it; helping to give the magazine a respectful and professional appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment