Tuesday 8 October 2013

Initial Production of Front Cover

Currently, I have been working to produce a suitable front cover for a school magazine, using the technology of Adobe InDesign.

This is my progress so far. I have decided to keep the background white, as it will be clearer to see the sell line text when it is added.

The pug was created, and initially, I had a thought to change it's position on the page. However, after consideration and a fresh look later on, I came to the understanding that I feel it would disfigure the grid structure too much. Therefore, I will rearrange the pug's position in further production.

The banner and footer lines have almost contrasting colours to each other, to stand out to the target audience. Internally, the text upon these lines are also contrasting to their backing colours; so that the audience is drawn to the text. However, I am not sure at the moment, whether to keep the black text upon the blue, black, because I don't feel it stands out visually enough, against the blue.

The colour scheme is based on the general format colour scheme almost all magazines seem to apply to; black, yellow, white and red. These colours create a certain professional style to the magazine, and are also contrasting so much, that that complement each other in reading style. Although, as I made my target audience young, I decided not to comply with that quartet of colours, as I felt they were too mature and bland for children. I decided to include blue into my colour scheme; this I found was linked to many children products through research.

No comments:

Post a Comment