Tuesday 15 October 2013

InDesign Draft: 2


This is the next progression of my InDesign cover of my school magazine. Straying from my original planning and my previous draft, I changed my banner line colour to a red, to match the footer. I felt this gave the magazine more of a clear structure; the different and almost contrasting, colours made the magazine look more amateur and had a sense of disregard.

I gave my masthead a blue background box, so that it would be more contrasting and stand out more visually to the audience. This was a main concern, as I considered this one of the priority aims to accomplish in this cover page; attract the audience to the masthead; make the brand's name memorable.

I initially thought to place my pug in the top right-hand corner on impulse that it filled the magazine far more effectively. However, after consideration and comparison with my planning, I decided to move the placement to below the mast head; to give a more clear grid structure.

The main image has been was placed with good accuracy, I thought. The concern was that it would overpower the magazine with it's size to fit. Although, I believe it's boldness is capturing to the appeal of my target audience (primary school children). It immediately summarises the bases of what the magazine is about, just in itself; body language, age, clothing etc. This is what I felt strongly about personifying in my main image.

No comments:

Post a Comment