Wednesday 16 October 2013

InDesign Draft: 4


When further constructing my magazine cover, I considered to introduce a subsidiary image to accompany my advertising pug. I thought this as a more believable form of advertising for this target audience, as children are far more attracted to colours and images, than text.

I also introduced an extra pug onto the cover. This was not displayed in my planning, however, I did specify a quarter of a pug edging in from the top right-hand corner. Unfortunately, I was unable to present this, due to time restriction and the technical difficulty; wouldn't of been able to have been created using this software, or not to my understanding. Therefore, I used another circle-shaped pug to convey the price. The reason I choose this shape again, was not through ignorance or a lack of creativity. I felt it compliment the curved look of the splash and the other pug, whilst drawing attention to the contrasting sharp edges of the masthead; which is one of the features the issues wants to be the most memorable.

In reference to the masthead, I noticed that in previous drafts, the actual text wasn't displaying the effect I had intended. I had thought to portray the text overlapping out on the blue background box (as presented in my planning) to convey how the irregularity of this shooting star effect represented reaching out of your comfort zone and breaking free of boring formality. This, in itself, is the essence of which my magazine is attempting to portray.

Moving on to the splash, I decided to remain with the concept of blue curved text. Although, the content of the splash is what I decided it would of been far more effective to change.  Initially, I thought to use "Back to Cool"; as previously conveyed in my planning. However, I felt the connection between the play on the word 'school', to 'cool', was a little to weary, distant and not very memorable. That is why I decided to amend my splash to "BACK TO S'COOL"; I felt it was a play on words far easier to connect and would draw the target audience in far better.

After I had completed all of these features, I then attended to the construction of the sell lines. I needed the content to be basic, as, if it too complicated, it won't interest the audience to read into the entire magazine. This is why I used direct language addressing the audience "You", so that the audience already feels involved and possibly make a trusted bond with the brand and its contents; illusion of a relationship; friendship in which they might feel inclined read more issues in the future.

Finally, I felt that the features needed more definition to separate them from each other. This is why I thickened the outlines; this helped to create a more dramatic and professional perception of the cover page and subconsciously create a professional impression of the content in which it holds and the brand itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment